Re: Cyrix bug: the (un)official solution from Cyrix

Andre Derrick Balsa (andrewbalsa@usa.net)
Fri, 14 Nov 1997 02:04:23 +0100

Phillip,

Can you explain better what you meant in your last paragraph?

Linux Developer wrote:

> I have noticed one small problem; this problem is inconsistent on my
> PR200L+, Step 2, Rev 7. The COMA bug only works about half, maybe three
> quarters of the time.

I get a *solid* lock e-v-e-r-y single time I try the locking code on my
6x86L PR200. Since computers are supposed to be deterministic, can you
tell me how the same code on your machine will have the random results
you describe above?

Oh, BTW, there is no such thing as a PR200L+ Step 2 Rev 7. All
dual-voltage 6x86Ls are Step 4 rev 2, all Step 2 Rev 7 chips are the
classic single voltage 6x86 (no L suffix).

Either the kernel code is incorrect or you incorrectly reported your
6x86 chip type.

Cheers,

Andrew D. Balsa
Home Page: http://www.tux.org/~balsa