Re: Tkdesk broken by 2.1.64 of all things...

Tim Ricketts (Timothy.Ricketts@ox.ac.uk)
Mon, 17 Nov 1997 23:54:01 +0000 (GMT)

On Sun, 16 Nov 1997, Peter McLachlan wrote:

> For some bizarre reason something in the 2.1.64 kernel breaks tkdesk.
> Possibly tcl/tk in general I suppose, but I don't have any other apps that
> use tcl/tk extensively so I can't experiment. Tkdesk simply doesn't load
> and dumps core 2 times in 3. When it does load it can sometimes remain
> stable, but often it will die after a seemingly random duration, taking
> all its child processes (xterms etc.) with it.
> Anyone got any suggestions/explanations?

Are you sure it's related to the kernel. I haven't had any problems at
all with tkdesk here (and it's been running for about 10 hours).

All of the other tcl/tk applications I've used since installing 2.1.64
work fine too.

--
Tim Ricketts