Re: Opinion re 2.0.30->2.0.32 in stable production servers?

Jean-Francois Micouleau (Jean-Francois.Micouleau@utc.fr)
Tue, 18 Nov 1997 20:20:07 +0100 (MET)

On Tue, 18 Nov 1997, Alan Cox wrote:

> 1. 2.0.32 has a different teardrop patch
>
> > Second, your opinion please: for production servers do you believe
> > 2.0.32 is or will prove to be superior to and more stable than 2.0.30,
> > where the servers in question have been seen to be capable of uptimes
> > in excess of one month on 2.0.30 without intervention (e.g. me
>
> Yes. Well I hope so anyway, it has nothing in it but fixes to bugs. Nothing
> new at all

OK, explain me then, why when trying to login on an SMP production
machine under 2.0.32 I had: Fork failed or No more process in a telnet
session. Control+scrollLock showed me only 200 process in zombie state.
The last stable version was 2.0.31-pre10 with an uptime of more than 30
days and not a problem until I rebooted to test 2.0.31 (a big mistake) !

Jean Francois

: Jean Francois Micouleau : Email: jfm@utc.fr :
: Universite de : Tel : 03 44 23 47 78 :
: Technologie de : Service Informatique :
: Compiegne France : Division IRNM :