Re: 2.1.65 seems to work fine...

Jauder Ho (jauderho@transmeta.com)
Tue, 18 Nov 1997 20:01:50 -0800 (PST)

buslogics kick ass. IMHO they work the best. adaptecs are just too
unreliable plus if you look closely at the cards. they tend to change what
goes where between revs of the card without any warning.

--Jauder

On Tue, 18 Nov 1997, Edward Welbon wrote:

> No, sorry to say that I am not. I had fits with the 2940UW and am now
> using the Asus PCI-SC875. I have also used the the BusLogic BT-958.
> Others amy work also but the BT-958 seems to be the most reliable. The
> 2940UW is the fastest but liitle good that does when it is so (for me)
> unreliable. I was lucky, I managed to trade my 2940UW's for PCI-SC875's.
> The last test I did was to run 128 passes of Bonnie on a 2GB file size and
> not a peep did I hear, everything was peachy keen (I guess you can infer
> that I am *very* patient to have endured such a long bonnie test).
>
> On Tue, 18 Nov 1997, BrianR wrote:
>
> > Date: Tue, 18 Nov 1997 08:28:24 -0500 (EST)
> > From: BrianR <brianr@osiris.ml.org>
> > To: Edward Welbon <welbon@bga.com>
> > Cc: linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu
> > Subject: Re: 2.1.65 seems to work fine...
> >
> > On Mon, 17 Nov 1997, Edward Welbon wrote:
> >
> > > 2.1.65 seems to work fine. I could not get 2.1.64 to boot. It seemed
> > > that I could not mount my raid0 as root.
> > >

> > Any chance you're using that raid from an aic7xxx scsi controller? My
> > aic7xxx doesn't work at all -- locks up when I try to insmod it, or locks
> > up at boot time if I compile it in.
> >
> > -Brian Ristuccia
> > brianr@osiris.ml.org
> > bristucc@baynetworks.com
> > bristucc@cs.uml.edu
> >

> Ed Welbon - welbon@bga.com
> In nature there is neither right or wrong, only consequences.

IMPORTANT NOTICE TO RECIPIENTS: The Entire Physical Universe, Including
This Product, May One Day Collapse Back Into an Infinitesimally Small
Space. Should Another Universe Subsequently and Spontaneously Re-Emerge,
the Existence of This Message in That Universe Cannot be Guaranteed.