Re: >= 2.0.31 3com509 problems

Jon Lewis (jlewis@inorganic5.fdt.net)
Thu, 20 Nov 1997 00:28:02 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 19 Nov 1997, Dmitri Alexeev wrote:

> I can't help wondering what changed in the kernel so much that my 3com509
> ethernet is no longer initialized properly. 2.0.30 works just fine.
> But since 2.0.31 (with the same and also different configs)
> they complain something like "IO symbol not found" or "not loaded".

Are you using 3c509 as a module or compiled into the kernel? I have
2.0.32 working on systems with 509's with the driver compiled into the
kernel, using 2.0.x up to / including 32.

Jon Lewis <jlewis@fdt.net> | Unsolicited commercial e-mail will
Network Administrator | be proof-read for $199/message.
Florida Digital Turnpike |