Re: knfsd and exportfs

Bill Hawes (whawes@star.net)
Fri, 21 Nov 1997 18:32:00 -0500

Geoff Hoff wrote:
> The kernel nfsd looks good. Before I can use it in some relatively large scale
> testing (exporting a couple of seldom used home areas to ~ 40 machines)
> exportfs
> needs to be modified or I just need a really huge /etc/exports file. Exportfs
> for the standard nfs-server supports *.fqdn so I can just export to all my
> machines in one line, but the exportfs in the linux-nfs-0.4.21.tar.gz package
> doesn't work that way. My question is, has anyone worked any on the knfsd
> exportfs, or should I start hacking?

Hi Geoff,

If you see the need for some improvements in exportfs, I would say start
hacking :-) Probably you should coordinate efforts with Olaf Kirch
though -- he may already have some further improvements.

I'm confident knfsd will be in good shape for 2.2, so getting the tools
updated would be a very good thing to work on.

Regards,
Bill