Re: off the topic, Glide/3dfx in linux

Phillip W Ross (pwrst1+@pitt.edu)
Mon, 24 Nov 1997 07:28:51 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 24 Nov 1997, Adam Wiggins wrote:
> Sorry this of off topic but could any of you point me out to
> any games/demo's/programs or code that uses glide/3dfx. Link would be nice
> or ftp sites or even better you own code. I wouldnt mind learning to code
> for it. A GL screen saver would be nice :)

You can download Linux Glide rasterization library from 3Dfx's own
websiet along with the Glide Programming Manual and Glide Reference Manual
in PDF format. There is also a link from the same page to get Adove
Acrobat reader to allowtyou to read PDF files:
http://www.3dfx.com/software/download_glidel.html
^
Dont forget the l in the URL

3Dfx setup a news server (news.3dfx.com) and you should refer all
the rest of your questions to the newsgroups on there.

For OpenGL you want to take a look at Mesa...a free implementation
of OpenGL. It compiles under Linux and supports hardware rendering on
the 3Dfx through the Glide libs. THe URL for this:
http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/~brianp/Mesa.html

You can direct all of your questions about mesa to the Mesa
mailing list described on the Mesa homepage.

Happy Glide coding...
Phil