Re: 2.1.66 smbfs oops

Bill Hawes (whawes@star.net)
Thu, 27 Nov 1997 11:24:24 -0500

Chris Wedgwood wrote:
> More testing. This time I connected to a share on a NT box. Turned the share
> off and then back on again, and then tried to access the share.
>
> It fails almost straight away as opposed to taking minutes as it did before
> with the following:
>
> smb_errno: class ERRSRV, code 5 from command 80

Hi Chris,

This seems to be a special error indicating that the "tree ID" is no
longer valid. A given connection has a specific tree id, and once the
share is revoked the id is no longer valid.

I'll need to rework the smbfs error handling to correct this -- the
error has to be recognized earlier so that a new connection can be
obtained.

Regards,
Bill