Re: Linux privs (was: Re: proc exploit)

Chris Evans (chris@ferret.lmh.ox.ac.uk)
Fri, 28 Nov 1997 16:34:36 +0000 (GMT)

On Fri, 28 Nov 1997, Alexander Kjeldaas wrote:

> The patch is ready and works for me. linux-privs generally needs more
> testers especially the ext2-support. The rest is pretty stable IMO.
>
> I asked linus' opinion on this some time ago but didn't get an answer. I'd
> love to see this in 2.2.

Of course, it works for me too. Linus, is this
seriously-good-selling-point (tm ;-) feature planned for bunging into a
2.1.x? Even if flagged as experimental? It already seems to work to my
satisfaction; if put into 2.1.x, I'll spend the time gained in not having
to mess around with patches, into thorough ext2 side testing ;-)

Chris