Re: Linux privs (was: Re: proc exploit)

Lorenzo M. Catucci (lorenzo@argon.roma2.infn.it)
Sat, 29 Nov 1997 13:28:27 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 28 Nov 1997, Chris Evans wrote:

> On Fri, 28 Nov 1997, Alexander Kjeldaas wrote:
>
> > The patch is ready and works for me. linux-privs generally needs more
> > testers especially the ext2-support. The rest is pretty stable IMO.
> >
> > I asked linus' opinion on this some time ago but didn't get an answer. I'd
> > love to see this in 2.2.
>
> Of course, it works for me too. Linus, is this
> seriously-good-selling-point (tm ;-) feature planned for bunging into a
> 2.1.x? Even if flagged as experimental? It already seems to work to my
> satisfaction; if put into 2.1.x, I'll spend the time gained in not having
> to mess around with patches, into thorough ext2 side testing ;-)

Please, put it in... at least to have it more thoroughly tested by all of
us... an experimental flagged beast could do no harm... if someone gets
bugged, we still can tell it his own fault... (joking)

Just while I'm on experimental suggestions: how do we convince Stephen
Tweedie and the powers to put in supermount too???

Yours,

lorenzo