Re: ncp/smb problems (2.1.72)

Steven N. Hirsch (shirsch@ibm.net)
Fri, 12 Dec 1997 08:02:36 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 12 Dec 1997, root wrote:

> I have compiled 2.1.72 kernel. And I got some errors when I try to mount smb of
> ncp filesystem. Also, in 2.0.32 kernel I have broken permissions for smb/ncp mounts. It's 000 mode for directories. Option -d xxx does not help.
>
> bash-2.01# smbmount -h
> Version 2.0.2

I can't speak for ncp, but there have been signifigant changes in the
smbmount program. It must be executed out of smbclient after establishing
a connection using that program.

Volker Lendecke had mentioned his intent to re-work the utilities for
final release of 2.1.x kernels, but I don't know what the status is on
this. You will also need to chase down Bill Hawes' patches to both the
kernel and smbclient.

Steve