Re: Suggestion for handling of boot-time driver options

Aaron M. Ucko (amu@mit.edu)
15 Dec 1997 01:16:51 -0500

Dominik Kubla <dominik.kubla@uni-mainz.de> writes:

> Just in case you don't know: some companies don't port their commercial
> software to linux because the license of the C/C++ library would force
> them to provide the customer with the source code. No joke!

libc is under the *L*GPL, which only requires the companies to provide
their object files; I *think* they can even get away with just
releasing binaries linked against shared libraries, because people can
drop in modified versions with the same ABI.

--
Aaron M. Ucko <amu@mit.edu> (finger amu@monk.mit.edu) [Stark raving sane]