Re: 2.1.72 and kernel NFSD

Christopher Faylor (cgf@bbc.com)
Wed, 17 Dec 1997 15:39:50 GMT

In article <349749DF.F2787C9@star.net>, Bill Hawes <whawes@star.net> wrote:
>Peter Horton wrote:
>>
>> modprobe nfs
>> rpc.portmap
>> rpc.mountd
>> rpc.nfsd
>> mount localhost:/vfat /mnt
>>
>> Works fine, no error (the rpc.* code is from a Linux 2.0 distribution).
>>
>> modprobe nfsd
>> modprobe nfs
>> rpc.portmap
>> mountd
>> mount localhost:/vfat /mnt
>>
>> Fails (using mountd from linux-nfs-0.4.21, or the original rpc.mountd).
>>
>> Have I got the right version of everything ?
>
>I think you need to add a
> knfsd 2
>
>after the mountd command (knfsd or whatever you call the command.) Doing
> ps -ax
>
>command afterwards should show two nfsd processes, a lockd, and a
>rpciod. There's an example script for loading modules and starting
>daemons in the linux-nfs package.

I was having similar problems on a system that I recently upgraded from
2.1.29. I'm trying to upgrade to linux-nfs-0.4.21 but I get compilation
errors:

In file included from lockd_syms.c:25:
/usr/src/linux-nfs-0.4.21/kernel/include/linux/lockd/lockd.h:169: structure has
no member named `f_inode'

Was there a patch for this that I missed?

--
http://www.bbc.com/	cgf@bbc.com			"Strange how unreal
VMS=>UNIX Solutions	Boston Business Computing	 the real can be."