Re: Linux 2.1.72 problems

JuanJo Ciarlante (irriga@impsat1.com.ar)
Thu, 18 Dec 1997 09:08:14 -0300 (ARST)

On Thu, 18 Dec 1997, Alan Cox wrote:
> [...]
>
> > Problem 2: IP masquerading is broken. Any packet that needs masquerading is not relayed to the destination network, although ipfwadm -F -c says it ought to. Same
> > configuration with version 2.0.32 _does_ work! Again same question: is there any work on this going on, or can anyone give me a clue to do it myself?
>
> Linus has been sent this too, so I hope it will make 2.1.73
That patchset _adds_ masquerading features to 2.1 (ICMP, portfw, and
friends) but stock 2.1.72 masquerading _just_ works.
I guess that the problem here was the default RFC1122's non-routing
behaviour (/proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forwarding) of 2.1 kernels.

Regards...

-- Juanjo http://juanjox.home.ml.org
Yo don't need an hologram to know...
Nor you need to sell your brain to anyone.
Yo can feel it. It's Linux.