Re: PC speaker patches & ext2 compression

Peter Moulder (reiter@netspace.net.au)
Sat, 20 Dec 1997 15:50:27 +1100 (EST)

On Sat, 20 Dec 1997, Andreas Kostyrka wrote:

> On Sun, 7 Dec 1997, linux kernel account wrote:
> > Many of these people also think of how dangerous stacker and friends could
> > be on dos computers.. There is alot of FUD out there...
> Sorry, I've lost data (seemingly randomously) on two boxes with
> 2.0.30e2compr :(
> (It just gave sometimes errors even without a crash, and snap, the file
> was away :( )
> The data was luckily nothing important (a unpatched linux kernel is easy
> to reproduce ;) )

Please send me any details you can. This isn't supposed to happen :) .
Details might include what kernel you're running, what e2compr patch, what
machine architecture (including whether UP or SMP), what you were doing at
the time, what errors, by what, and maybe other things.

Thanks,

pjm.