Re: Netscape and wait_on_page

Bill Hawes (whawes@star.net)
Sun, 21 Dec 1997 22:11:44 -0500

Arun Sharma wrote:

> Don't know how to go about looking at page->inode. Should I use kgdb
> or something ? Also, this scenerio is not deterministically
> reproducible and when it does happen, after about 15-20 seconds,
> the netscape process wakes up and runs normally.
>
> But there is a high likelyhood that the page was a NFS page. My
> $HOME/.netscape was on a NFS mounted directory.
>
> My home directory was automounted via amd, if that is of any help.

Maybe a directory had become unmounted and had to be reloaded? I'm not
familiar with how amd works, but that might account for it. Pages in NFS
aren't flushed immediately after being written.

If amb can be run in a debugging mode to show activity, that might
indicate whether it's active when you see the Netscape problem.

Regards,
Bill