Re: OFFTOPIC: Virtual Architecture Specification

Chris Wedgwood (chris@f00f.org)
Tue, 23 Dec 1997 20:33:58 +1300

Date: Mon, 22 Dec 1997 23:47:42 -0700 (MST)
From: Colin Plumb <colin@nyx.net>
To: chris@f00f.org
Subject: Re: OFFTOPIC: Virtual Architecture Specification
Cc: linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu

Chris Wedgewood wrote:
> not sure I like the license agreement much on the spec. - but its
> somewhat better than the i2o situation....

Well, after looking at that stupid license and deciding that I didn't
like it (click "disagree"), I decided to see what I could find at the
site that didn't involve going through some contract-acceptance CGI.
"wget -r http://www.viarch.org/" found a few random press releases and
a 295,480 byte application/pdf file html/Spec/document/san_10.pdf.

I don't know what the path is on the site, but you don't have to agree
to anything to just get the spec.

[me:1] caffeine:~/1$ wget -o log -m http://www.viarch.org/
[me:1] caffeine:~/1$ grep pdf.*saved log
14:59:09 (131.01K/s) - `www.viarch.org/html/Spec/document/san_10.pdf' saved
[295480/295480]

=> http://www.viarch.org/html/Spec/document/san_10.pdf

???