Re: hardlinks.... sucks... ;-(

Rob Hagopian (hagopiar@vuser.vu.union.edu)
Mon, 29 Dec 1997 16:08:26 -0500 (EST)

If you create a /proc interface to change the behavior based on sticky vs
text attributes you can avoid that, no? I actually have a number of sticky
directories, and I don't see that much of a reason to disable normal
symlink behavior there... in /tmp and /var/tmp OTOH... This does
underscore the need for some /proc or similar configurability, but I don't
think it's a good reason to exclude it from the kernel...
-Rob H.