Re: Filesystem optimization.. - why not optimise squid?

linux kernel account (linker@nightshade.z.ml.org)
Wed, 31 Dec 1997 06:13:05 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 30 Dec 1997, Dan Hollis wrote:

> On Tue, 30 Dec 1997, linux kernel account wrote:
> > Exactly.. This is one ReiserFS's intentions.. And it actually accomplishes
> > this goal well.
>
> But is reiserfs stable enough to run a news server or squid proxy?
>
> -Dan

Hehehe, Hell no. Actually, while I was developing it I only had SMP and my
own development related problems (It's not quite SMP safe).. But the
people making it tell me it's not stable, even though I never saw it..

If you'r curious about it's performance, grab a kernel with it and setup a
squid proxy on another box.. Then set that up as a parent.. Save any
oppsses you get.. I'm sure the ReiserFS developers would love them..