Re: pre 2.2 cleanup items

Dominik Strasser (bm424953@muenchen.org)
Wed, 07 Jan 1998 17:23:00 +0100

Michael Elizabeth Chastain wrote:

> On Mon, 5 Jan 1998, Bob Tracy wrote:
>
> > /usr/src/linux-2.1/include/linux/modules/vfatfs_syms.ver:1: warning: `__ver_vfat_create' redefined
> > /usr/src/linux-2.1/include/linux/modules/namei.ver:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
> [snip]
>
> I have seen messages like these, too, starting from a clean tarball.
> I haven't tried to track them down yet.

These messages appear if the exported module-symbols are moved from one file to another. Then there is a .ver-file
that isn't needed anymore but is still included.

Dominik

PS: Michael, I have a problem with 2.1.78's xconfig. If I select Sound from the toplevel window I get a Tcl-error:
"sytax error in expression ...". The cause is the undeclared CONFIG_AEDSP16 which results in a reference to $(null)
in kconfig.tk.