Re: PROPOSAL: /proc/dev

Dan Taylor (dante@herd.plethora.net)
Fri, 9 Jan 1998 21:02:14 -0600 (CST)

I have been looking at modifying a certain driver to support
cards that could possibly result in well over a thousand physical
devices needing to be accessed with multiple modes.

Anyone who can demonstrate that this would be better done with
the existing structure than a devfs that does not depend on Major/Minor
number pairs might just persuade me that devfs is a bad idea.

Daniel Taylor