Re: uart 16550AN

Noah Beck (noah@ecn.purdue.edu)
Sat, 10 Jan 1998 11:18:56 -0500

Pavel Machek wrote:

> Hi!
>
> > This chip is in the "Telepath for Windows with x2" modem that is included in
> > my new Gateway 300 MHz machine. I originally installed 2.0.25 from
> > the
>
> Try that modem under dos, to assure it is not crippled winmodem beast.

I just helped a friend install linux a couple of days ago on his GW2k 266
MHz
machine, and found he had the same modem. It actually says, in the manual,
in one of the configuration sections, "This modem will only work under
Windows 95 and Windows 3.1; it will not work under DOS." I tried really
hard to get it to work; after I read that, I gave up and we looked at modem
prices on pricewatch.com.

Noah