Re: opl3 and sound blaster

David Woodhouse (Dave@imladris.demon.co.uk)
Mon, 12 Jan 1998 03:46:29 +0000

arcangeli@mbox.queen.it said:
> On Fri, 2 Jan 1998, Wesley Tanaka wrote:
>
> >Is there a way to get kerneld to load both opl3.o and sb.o in the same fell
> >swoop? Is it possible that sb.o be made to artificially (just for the eyes
> >of depmod) depend on opl3? (so that the latter gets loaded when the former
> >does)
>

> This is my /etc/conf.modules sound part:
>
> alias char-major-14 sb
> options uart401 io=0x330 irq=-1
> options sb io=0x220 irq=5 dma=1 dma16=5
> post-install sb ifconfig awe_wave
> post-install awe_wave sfxload synthgm.sbk

This is mine:

alias audio0 sb
alias synth awe_wave
alias mixer0 sb
alias midi0 sb
options sb irq=5 dma=1 dma16=5 io=0x220 mpu_io=0x330

Combined with a small patch to make sound.o request the extra modules when
they're accessed, this works fine.

I'd post the patch, but I already did so a while back, and I'm busy trying to
persuade kernel 2.1.78 to compile on my fresh RedHat 5 installation.

--
David Woodhouse, Robinson College, CB3 9AN, England.   (+44) 0976 658355