Offtopic: disk naming proposal & devfs (fwd)

ketil@ii.uib.no
13 Jan 1998 17:25:34 +0100

Perry Harrington <pedward@sun4.apsoft.com> writes:

> that the Controller,Target,device?,slice model seems kindof silly, but Solaris
> has a market share that's the envy of Linux.

Really? For registered Samba-users, the Linux users seem to be
numbering over twice the Solaris users. Of course, Linux users may be
more inclined to register, or what do I know.

The point is, there's nothing to indicate that we should be envious of
Solaris' market share. If the Linux community should be envious of
Solaris, it'd be for the buying power and market influence of its
users, not their number, IMHO.

~kzm