Re: Teeny, tiny patch to 1.79, & smbfs question

Bill Hawes (whawes@star.net)
Wed, 14 Jan 1998 12:50:11 -0500

John R. Corey wrote:

> That does fix the ls's, though the files are only in 8.3, instead of
> using 95's nifty long filenames. At least it is usable. I don't think I
> mentioned in my other posts, but all works well with just smbclient (long
> filenames, gets, puts, etc).

I'm not sure why your Win 95 system doesn't like the readdir_long calls.
This code hasn't changed for a while, and it used to work on Win 95 (or
at least some Win 95 systems.) Forcing it to use an older protocol
avoids the readdir_long calls, but at the expense of long filenames as
you noted.

I've asked other beta testers to recheck Win 95 operations to see if we
can narrow down the problem. It's possible that a side-effect of some
other change has now broken the Win 95 support; I have only NT here to
test with.

Regards,
Bill