Re: gcc-2.8.0 miscompiles kernel (Was: gcc-2.8 out...)

Scott Lampert (fortunato@heavymetal.org)
Mon, 19 Jan 1998 12:54:57 -0500 (EST)

On 18-Jan-98 Gabriel Paubert wrote:

> Sorry for the previous message, it was slightly wrong. I did not realize
> that big-mama dod not havethe latest (and obviously greatest) version of
> my patch(es). Two patches attached, the first one cures only de4x5, the
> second one should cure most problems linked with inlined string
> functions
> and pgcc/egcs/gcc-2.8+...
>
> Gabriel.

These patches fixed all my egcs/pgcc compile problems. I
reintegrated your patches into my 2.1.80-pre3 tree and it fixes
the problems there too. I've been running for about 16 hours now without
a burp, so far so good! Great job. :)
-Scott

---
Scott Lampert             | Home Page: http://www.heavymetal.org