Re: 3.0 wishlist Was: Overview of 2.2.x goals?

Jordan Mendelson (jordy@wserv.com)
Mon, 19 Jan 1998 18:54:26 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 19 Jan 1998, MOLNAR Ingo wrote:

> an OOPS 100% tells you where and why the oops happened. Now, to determine
> what the real reason for the oops was is quite complex, and in many cases
> a crashdump doesnt help much. I would say the existance of a crashdump
> hinders development more than the nonexistance of it ...

My problem with OOPs's is that usually, when one happens.. it is > 25
lines, and scrolls off the screen before the machine is at a dead halt. Of
course, when this happens, that oops sure isn't going to be written to the
logs.

Jordan

--
Jordan Mendelson     : www.wserv.com/~jordy/