Re: How to fix 1.5x fast time (RTC patch?)

James Mastros (root@jennifer-unix.dyn.ml.org)
Tue, 20 Jan 1998 18:41:56 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 20 Jan 1998, Dave Cinege wrote:
> Very briefly:
> I have a custom bus speed hack.
> Jumpers are set to 120MHz (60MHz Bus), but the CPU's are actually running at
> 180 (90MHz bus). BIOS is too dumb to know what is going on, tells something
> that tells linux the incorrect timing scheme. Linux calibrates against this
> bad number and the end result is all timing is scewed by 1.5X. (If I had the
> BIOS source I'd fix it in a few seconds. Yes it's x86, but 90% of it is
> compressed with a weird scheme)
Have you tried hardcoding the BogoMIPS? It dosn't effect time directly, but
it effects a lot of other things.

Also, how about this plan: find the place where the time is computed (as
start time + (number of timer ticks)*(ticks/sec)). I think the constant you
want to change is called MHZ. Change it from 100 to 50 or 200, I'm not
shure which.

Note: this is a guess: nothing less and nothing more.

-=- James Mastros