Re: Linux 2.1.80...

linux kernel account (linker@nightshade.z.ml.org)
Wed, 21 Jan 1998 03:19:55 -0500 (EST)

Okay, APIC+My Box=No go.

My box:

Tyan-IIID Dual 166MMX
PCI Network Card on 0x0C (left slot)
PCI Video (diamond) on 0x09 (middle)
PCI Buslogic BT-958 (right) on 0x0b

2.1.80+tcp patch+PGCC 1.01

Kernel did not correctly figure out stuff by itself (guessd that, was
perpaired)

passed pirq=0x0c,0x09,0x0b as per Linus' directons (is scanpci supposed to
have a -f? Mind doesnt Xfree 3.3.1, the newwst right?)

At boot I see the preety table and such..
It says that I've got a broken bios and it's working around it (and shows
my manually entered mapping)

THEN is shows the mapping the bios suggests

PIRQ0 redirected to 20, suspect
PIRQ1 redirected to 19, suspect
PIRQ2 redirected to 18, suspect

[perhaps the bios settings are overwriting the manual settings?]

Then the buslog driver try to go, but fails:

While configuring Buslogic PCI host adaptor
Bus 0 Device 20 I/O address 0x6200 pciaddress 0x0 (yes.. 0x0)
HOST ADAPTOR INTERUPT TEST FAILED

Then it can't find the root device, and stops..