Re: (bugs in 2.1.80-pre3) (sound works) (one thing 10 times faster!)

James Mastros (root@jennifer-unix.dyn.ml.org)
Sun, 18 Jan 1998 20:21:50 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 19 Jan 1998, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Jan 1998, James Mastros wrote:

> >> It' s ppp. If you compile ppp as module you will see these messages every
> >> time you rmmod ppp.
> >
> >Interesting... I don't. Perhaps ppp (& lo) are the only interfaces on this
> >box?
>
> arca:~$ ifconfig
> lo Link encap:Local Loopback
> eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:60:08:8E:7F:2C Media:10base2
> ppp0 Link encap:Point-to-Point Protocol
> inet addr:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx P-t-P:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
>
> Andrea[s] Arcangeli

lo Link encap:Local Loopback
ppp0 Link encap:Point-Point Protocol

So when ppp is unloaded there isn't anything in those three proc directories.

-=- James Mastros

--
  Agent K: A person is smart; people are dumb, panicky animals and you know
   it. Fifteen hundred years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was the

-=- Men In Black (1997, Paramount)