re: SMP Interrupt patches

linux kernel account (linker@nightshade.z.ml.org)
Thu, 22 Jan 1998 13:25:07 -0500 (EST)

I agree with this.. A table would be nice.. There aren't that many boards
out there are there??

It would be ashame to deprive people of IO-APIC..
It would be nice to have the kernel detect differnt boards and have a
mapping table (It wouldn't take up much memory).. There should also be a
diasable boot param (incase of a defective/falsely reporting board), and a
manual set (for yet to be supported boards)..

If it was a userspace solution, nobody would ever use it..