Re: [OFFTOPIC] netscape.

Mitch Davis (mjd@nsmd.aus.hp.com)
Fri, 23 Jan 1998 15:49:15 +1100

Matthew Kirkwood wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Jan 1998, Perry Harrington wrote:
>
> > Yes, finally no more unsupported browser :)
>
> Surely you mean "now we get an officially unsupported browser" :-)

On the contrary. It has been nigh-on-impossible to get bugs fixed
in the AWT stuff in the Java part of Communicator 4. We (one corner
of HP Australia) have had great problems with this.

Now we can get them fixed.

If being able to get bugs fixed equates to having support, then
this latest move makes Netscape _more_ supported than it was before.

My question now is, how do we ensure that the Netscape client is
managed in "bazaar" fashion? (See
http://locke.ccil.org/~esr/writings/cathedral-paper.html)

Mitch.

--