Re: 2.0.29 kernel messages - what is this ?

Pawel S. Veselov (vps@unicorn.niimm.spb.su)
Fri, 23 Jan 1998 18:41:15 +0300 (MSK)

Hello, Mr!

On Thu, 22 Jan 1998, Mr. James W. Laferriere Network Engineer wrote:

> Hello Pawel, Look for Debug-ing options to the pppd
> statement or poss. in the options file . Hth

I have no debug statements in pppd option file.

More, as if I said, kernel's ppp.c has all cals to procedure,
ppp_print_buffer() with buffer name, printk should throw a line with it's
name.

Then, hex convertor always prints leading zero. And, why the quantity of hex
numbers is not equal to characters ?

I believe, this junk is not from ppp.c or ppp.c is broken.

>> Running ppp 2.2.0g over 2.0.29 fills kernel log with this crap:

[crap skipped]

>> I didn't found this in ppp.c, where each buffer preceded by a buffer name.
>> And I didn't find SC_LOG_RAWIN, SC_LOG_INPKT or any other SC_LOG set for ppp
>> interface. And ppp's _to_hex is more nice that this...
>>
>> How can I turn this off ?

Bye.

--
First Law of Socio-Genetics:
	Celibacy is not hereditary.

--
    With best of best regards, Pawel S. Veselov (aka Black Angel)
       internet : vps@unicorn.niimm.spb.su ( mail,finger,talk )