Re: linux-kernel-digest V1 #1517

Chris Gorman (ccscon66@ccs.carleton.ca)
Fri, 23 Jan 1998 15:16:04 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 23 Jan 1998 00:49:45 +0100 (CET), MOLNAR Ingo wrote:

>>I can already see Netscape integrated into KDE ...

>I'm not sure if that's and evil thought or not. ; >
>
>So what does everyone think? The day the DOJ forces Microsoft to stop
>including internet exploder with their mikey mouse OS, is the same day
>their largest(and really only) competitor says they are making their
>main product free and open.
I'd agree. The moment I saw this I laughed and laughed and laughed (at
bill gates' expense). All that work with DOJ and now this. :) And if
Microsoft releases it's source who all here is going to debug IE for them?

>I've got $20 that say Gate's shit himself. (At the least a very wet fart)
>Any takers? : >
Nope I'd agree there too. As a matter of fact I'm sure alot of people
would agree.

IMHO Netscape just screwed Microsoft, and they did a pretty good job of
it. (Unless Microsoft is unscrupelous enough to steal GPL code.)

Chris

Chris Gorman Computer Mathematics III
Carleton University CCS Consultant
Linux the choice of a GNU generation E-mail: cgorman@chat.carleton.ca
"It's not that M$ doesn't make good software, they just don't make a good OS."