Re: where is everyone or is linux stable ?

Krzysztof G. Baranowski (kgb@manjak.knm.org.pl)
Sat, 24 Jan 1998 13:00:29 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 23 Jan 1998, Theodore Y. Ts'o wrote:
>Granted, a one-way gateway might keep out some of the truely clueless,
>but it still makes the mailing list a little too obvious for the
>clueless AOL users to find, and once they find it, I have no doubt they
>will figure out how to post to the list.
IMHO there is a way to do that. Make a list/group self-moderated, for
example try to post to alt.sysadmin.recovery. I haven't seen
any single spam or "lame posts" for ages. :-)
OTOH I don't want linux-kernel mail->news gateway to be set...
those who do need the gatewy will set it themselves.
My 0.02$/0.03PLN :-)

Best regards,
Kris

--
Krzysztof G. Baranowski - President of the Harmless Manyacs' Club
"Smith & Wesson - The original point and click interface..."