Re: atx shutdown itself with no warining, hardware bug????

Andrea Arcangeli (arcangeli@mbox.queen.it)
Tue, 27 Jan 1998 00:29:26 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 26 Jan 1998, James Mastros wrote:

>It sounds like, even if the APM implementation itself isn't buggy, the way
>that they implement power-off is. I suguest that you turn off APM support
>in your computer's BIOS setup.

Bios APM is just off. I tried to turn it on. I increased also the SDIMM
wait state. Alan Cox said me that is caused by overheating. Now I
downgraded to 2.1.79 and I will not shutdown my machine forever waiting
for another warm power off, in order to be sure that is not a software
problem.

Andrea[s] Arcangeli