Re: 2.1.82 & reproducible strange name module loading requests

Bill Hawes (whawes@star.net)
Tue, 27 Jan 1998 10:31:59 -0500

Regis Duchesne wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I try to narrow this problem :
>
> Jan 27 10:30:43 Celine modprobe: can't locate module X!^O@^X-
> Jan 27 10:30:43 Celine modprobe: can't locate module ^D
>
> It seems it is reproducible, and is triggered by the ssl-telnet
> in.telnetd:
>
> Generating temp (512 bit) RSA key ...
> Generation of temp (512 bit) RSA key done
> Assigned temp (512 bit) RSA key
> [SSL - attempting to switch on SSL]
> [SSL - handshake starting]
> ****** Here appears the strange name module loading requests in the log
> [SSL - OK]
> [SSL cipher=RC4-SHA]
> [SSL

> You can find the interesting strace part in attachment (I don't know how
> to use this precious information to debug the thing)

Looks like you're close to tracking it down -- why don't you put some printks in
the kernel code for kerneld requests. When you find a bad name coming through,
force an oops to get a stack backtrace, and see what code is passing the invalid
names.

Regards,
Bill