Re: IRQ 255?

Robert L Harris (nomad@rocky.orci.com)
Tue, 27 Jan 1998 17:08:01 -0700 (MST)

> On Tue, 27 Jan 1998, Robert L Harris wrote:
>
> > Bus 0, device 2, function 0:
> > VGA compatible controller: Cirrus Logic GD 7548 (rev 0).
> > Fast devsel. IRQ 255.
> >
> > Note that the video device is on IRQ 255. Is this possibly a bug somewhere?
>
> IRQ 255 doesn't exist, but it looks like a (unsigned char) -1.
> My guess is that your VGA card doesn't use an IRQ, and IRQ 255 is the PCI
> driver's way to display this.
>
> LLaP
> bero

Yeah, talked to the manufacturer and we figured this out. My next question
then is if anyone has any ideas on what to tell the Xserver? XIG will work
it and see what they can develope it if I loan them my laptop for a month.
That's too long unfortunately.

> -- bero@bero-online.ml.org - ICQ/UIN 6545964 - http://www.star-trek.ml.org/ --
>
> "Nobody will ever need more than 640k RAM!"
> -- Bill Gates, 1981
> "Windows 95 needs at least 8 MB RAM."
> -- Bill Gates, 1996
> "Nobody will ever need Windows 95."
> -- logical conclusion

I like this. Mind if I store it for future use?

Robert L. Harris | NT is secure....
System Engineer For Hire. \_ as long as you don't remove the shrink wrap.

http://www.orci.com/~nomad

DISCLAIMER:
These are MY OPINIONS ALONE. I speak for no-one else.