Re: 2.1.82 boot failure

tim (police@police.tas.gov.au)
Thu, 29 Jan 1998 08:44:23 +0000 (GMT)

On Wed, 28 Jan 1998, Myrdraal wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 28, 1998 at 11:22:46AM +0100, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> Hi,
> > Reconfigure and enable CONFIG_UNIX (not as a module).
> I don't think you should have to do that... It works just fine as a
> module for me:
> "Module Size Used by
> unix 12180 28 (autoclean)"
> -Myrdraal

It works fine for me too, but on boot up, even though kerneld IS running,
I still get "Ouch, no kerneld for message xxxxxxxxxx"
(CONFIG_UNIX is a module)

I'm sure when I complied unix domain sockets in, I didn't get this. Why
would we be getting this message though, when kerneld IS running??

Is it something to do with the modprobe: can't locate module ^X>7 errors?

Tim

<My email address is tim@police.tas.gov.au>