Re: [??STUPID] Is linux "hardwired" to use the InterNIC root server?

Alistair Riddell (alistair@watsons.edin.sch.uk)
Mon, 2 Feb 1998 09:24:27 +0000 (GMT)

The kernel knows nothing whatsoever about domain names. They are dealt
with only in userspace. It is perfectly possible to use a completely
different set of root name servers from usual.

--
Alistair Riddell - BOFH
IT Support Department, George Watson's College, Edinburgh