Re: [OFF-TOPIC] lofs & tfs

Stefan Monnier (monnier+lists/linux/kernel/news/@TEQUILA.SYSTEMSZ.CS.YALE.EDU)
03 Feb 1998 13:06:52 -0500

Ray Glendenning <ray@hackery.demon.co.uk> writes:
> Does anyone know what happened to the lofs support which was mentioned a
> while ago (May 97(ish) I think??). I anyone has the patch which was
> around (I can't seem to access it) then could they please e-mail it to me.

Using FTPsearch I found

ftp://ftp.torun.pdi.net/pub/Linux/prepatches/lofs-2.0.30.diff

but I don't know how well it applies to 2.0.33 (I haven't tried it out yet).
Any idea if autofs will use that at some point ?

> I'd be interested in working on this and possibly the tfs layer.

There was also someone working on tmpfs (I assume that's what you mean by tfs),
but I haven't heard anything about it for a while. Last I heard there were
problems with "double caching".

Stefan