Re: [miniPatch] where IO-APIC still doesnt work ...

Michael Marxmeier (mike@msede.com)
Wed, 04 Feb 1998 08:05:20 +0100

MOLNAR Ingo wrote:
> this little deltapatch makes at least ASUS boards work too, but i
> suspect the Supermicro problem gets fixed too?

Yes. My ASUS P2L97-DS board now works with pirq=0.

The only remaining problem is that /dev/psaux behaves a bit flaky
(mouse sometimes jumps on the screen). However this is probably
not related and may even be a problem in the X server (XAccel).

Now i just have to find useful entries for OEM00000 and PR00000.
AFAIR a tool is included with the board, so they could ne set
to useful values. Any suggestions or should i ask ASUS ?

One thing i noticed during booting: The Adaptec controller is
listed using IRQ19 ? Either this is a wrong display or are
there additional IRQ ressources available when the APIC is
active ?

Michael

--
Michael Marxmeier           Marxmeier Software GmbH
E-Mail: mike@msede.com      Suedstrasse 58