Re: transparent proxy not operationalal in 2.1

Jos Vos (jos@xos.nl)
Mon, 02 Feb 1998 12:08:37 +0100

Richard B. Johnson wrote:

> No no. Transparent proxy works well in 2.1.8x. I used to use a home-brew
> program to put the required entry into the ARP cache. It is no longer
> necessary.

I assume that transparent proxying _is_ broken, only it still works
in some circumstances (et least when you redirect port is the same
as the original port, for example).

Willy and I will try to find some time to repair it. We already
made a patch that is in 2.0.31, but we have to port this patch
to 2.1.x.

-- Jos Vos <jos@xos.nl>
-- X/OS Experts in Open Systems BV | Phone: +31 20 6938364
-- Amsterdam, The Netherlands | Fax: +31 20 6948204