Re: transparent proxy not operationalal in 2.1

Jos Vos (jos@xos.nl)
Mon, 02 Feb 1998 12:11:14 +0100

Mike Tubby G8TIC Linux Account wrote:

> Just to put my hand up on this one! Transparrent Proxy is *VERY* *VERY*
> important to me and several organisations that I build and maintain Linux
> boxes for.
>
> No Transparrent Proxy = No Linux! Well, actually means staying with
> Linux 2.0 - so, please fix it!!!!!!!!!

As I already said in another mail to the list, Willy Konynenberg and
I will try to find some time to port our patch for 2.0.31 (transparent
proxying was broken in 2.0.30 too, for the same reason, new socket
lookup code) to 2.1.x.

-- Jos Vos <jos@xos.nl>
-- X/OS Experts in Open Systems BV | Phone: +31 20 6938364
-- Amsterdam, The Netherlands | Fax: +31 20 6948204