Re: problems with parallel port IRQ detection

Andrea Arcangeli (arcangeli@mbox.queen.it)
Fri, 6 Feb 1998 00:34:46 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 5 Feb 1998, Alan Cox wrote:

>Right now parport as of 2.1.8x doesnt even detect my parallel port. The old
>lp driver did, the direct qcam drives it fine but parport loads and sees

parport lp don' t know nothing about your parallel port. If your parallel
port isn' t detected the problem should be in the parport_lowlevel driver
(parport_pc for i386).

>zilch

I don' t know nothing about parallel port autodetecting. Are you using
i386? If so in which mode? I am using EPP and all is fine.

arca:/usr/src/linux$ grep PARPORT .config
CONFIG_PARPORT=m
CONFIG_PARPORT_PC=m
# CONFIG_PARPORT_OTHER is not set
CONFIG_PARIDE_PARPORT=m