Re: Commercial Linux/MIPS...

ralf@uni-koblenz.de
Wed, 11 Feb 1998 19:59:53 +0100

On Wed, Feb 11, 1998 at 07:42:55PM +0100, Michael L. Galbraith wrote:

> > There is going to be more commercial Linux/MIPS rsn. Linux will control
> > NMR systems, including medical systems and systems for long time measurements
> > where failure is no option. In those systems Linux will be the successor
> > of a modified Risc/OS 4.51 version. Stay tuned for details ...
> >
> > Ralf
>
> OOHA!,
>
> URL's anyone? I have an RM400 (R4400/100) in need of a soul transplant.

That's yet another type of machine. I've ported Linux to the SNI RM200C;
it should also run on the RM300. The R400 is a SMP machine and I don't
have any data about it at all. In fact, since so far nobody was so
generous to loan me a SMP box there isn't even MIPS SMP yet ...

But here is what _you_ can do: Call SNI and have a bit fun nervragging them
for Linux. There are so many very different MIPS machines out there that
reverse engineering isn't a real option unless you solve the problem of
human immortability before :-(

Ralf