RE: linux-kernel-digest V1 #1571

Chris Wedgwood (cw@ix.net.nz)
Thu, 12 Feb 1998 19:22:36 +1300

Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 11:02:41 +1000 (EST)
From: David Burrows <snadge@gemcorp.com.au>
To: Royans K Tharakan <rkt@poboxes.com>
cc: linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu
Subject: RE: linux-kernel-digest V1 #1571

On Wed, 11 Feb 1998, Royans K Tharakan wrote:
> I am running 2.0.32 and am facing a very strange problem
>
> Filesystem 1024-blocks Used Available Capacity Mounted on
> /dev/hda3 289797 282977 0 100% /

*snip*

This is done for safety reasons.. The filesystem reports 0 available
because it is dangerously low on space for even the system to function
normally. Note however, if you are root, you will be able to use this
space. I wouldn't want to change this behaviour if I were you, and alas
even if you wanted to I couldn't tell you how. :)

man tune2fs

-Chris