Re: My spin on the flash bios interface...

Fri, 13 Feb 1998 08:47:42 -0700 (MST)

I think quite a few people are overlooking a key point about security:

Once someone has hacked in and is root, they can already do these things.
There is nothing stopping them from writing their own flash-bios writing
utility and executing it as root (or, if need be, writing it as a kernel
module and insmod'ing it). Adding it to the standard kernel source tree
only makes it a little easier for a malicious hacker who doesn't want to
take the trouble to write their own code.

..my $.02

Jason
jsh@truedesign.com