Re: Mail reflector !!! [off topic]

Jauder Ho (jauderho@transmeta.com)
Sat, 14 Feb 1998 09:30:58 -0800 (PST)

okay.. I have had lots of requests for that particular section of my
procmailrc... first of all, RTFM. All of this information can be gleaned from
man [procmail,procmailrc,procmailex]. okay, now comes the interesting part

This is the very first rule in my procmailrc

PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/transmeta/procmail/bin
MAILDIR=/home/jauderho/mail
LOGFILE=/home/jauderho/mail/log/`date +%m%d%y`.log
DEFAULT=INBOX

:0 Wh: misc/msgid.lock
| formail -D 32768 misc/msgid.cache

formail sets up a 32k cache of msgids that I previously recieved. If the msgid
is the same, it gets discarded. For instance, I recieved 94 duplicate messages
yesterday, crossposted or otherwise.

marvin%jauderho% mailstat -k -l -m ~/mail/log/021398.log

Total Average Number Folder
131090 1795 73 INBOX
286751 3050 94 formail -D 32768 misc/msgid.cache

I hope this clears up any confusion and we can get back to discussing
interesting KERNEL stuff.

--Jauder

P.S. No more bloody posts about GTK! I like GTK but this is NOT a list for
discussing that. Please take it offline or set up a seperate list.