Re: [OFFTOPIC] Busmice: MouseSystems Ps/2 Mouse Skips

Ken Treis (treisk@wwics.com)
Mon, 16 Feb 1998 17:11:22 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 16 Feb 1998, Ken Treis wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Sorry for the offtopic post, but I couldn't find an appropriate list/group
> for this. If anyone has suggestions for that, please let me know.
>
> Anyhow, I'm using a new PS/2 Mouse from MouseSystems, and have found that
> movement is skippy and erratic. The mouse likes to jump to the lower left
> corner of the screen (it does this in both GPM and X).
>
> I found somewhere that a remedy for this problem was to enable mouse
> initialization in drivers/char/psaux.c by uncommenting INITIALIZE_DEVICE.
> I did that, but the problem persists.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated, as this is a project for work.
> Thanks in advance.

I just realized that I forgot some vitals. I'm running 2.0.33 on a
machine that was installed with Slackware 3.2. The mouse is not the
Whitemouse -- it's simply called a "PS/2 mouse" and was purchased a week
ago.

And just so that I don't look like a fool (hmm..), yes, I did recompile
the kernel, re-install it, and reboot. I've also played with the C&T
driver, and it seems to make no difference if that's installed or not.

Thanks again,

Ken Treis
Key Technology, Inc.